How To Apply
Looking to apply for AACVPR Program Certification? This page contains all the application links, updates and resources you need!
Tentative Dates for the 2021 Program Certification Application Cycle
- December 1, 2020: Program Certification 2021 Application opens
- February 28, 2021: Program Certification 2021 Application closes
- March - April 2021: Program Certification Committee Review Team completes initial application review
- April - June 2021: Program Certification Committee Chair oversight review; and Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR) testing
- August 31, 2021: Letters sent notifying programs of application decisions
2021 Application Data Collection Dates
Due to the program closures and the changing landscape brought on by COVID-19, the Program Certification leadership made the decision to allow programs to submit documentation from January 1, 2020–February 28, 2021 for the following: Staff Competency Assessments, ITPs, Emergency Preparedness/Medical Emergency In-services, and all Performance Measures.
Programs that have all required documentation during the traditional collection period of January 1, 2020–December 31, 2020 are not required to use the extended period.
All applications will still need to be finalized and submitted by February 28, 2021.
Questions about Program Certification? Contact us at email@example.com.
3 Steps to Getting Started
1 – Update Primary Contact Form
- Select primary contact
- Verify program name and address
- Under “Program Address 2” identify program track (cardiac or pulmonary rehab)
- Please allow up to 72 hours for primary contact form updates confirmation before moving to step 2
Click here to access the primary contact form.
2 – Update Program Demographics & Staff Roster
- Identify key staff (Secondary Contact, Medical Director, Program Director, etc.)
- Verify facility type (privately owned, hospital based, etc.)
- Specify Maintenance Programs Offered
- Denote Sister Programs (Programs from your hospital system that are recertifying through AACVPR or are also applying for the first time)
- Indicate # of Referrals per year
Click here for “My Profile” update instructions.
3 – Review 2021 Program Certification Application Outlines & "Required" Performance Measures
2021 Cardiac Program Certification Application
2021 Pulmonary Program Certification Application
- Review 2021 Cardiac & Pulmonary Application Requirements
- Review Required Cardiac Rehab Performance Measures: - Improvement in Functional Capacity, Optimal Blood Pressure Control, Tobacco Use Intervention, & Improvement in Depression
- Review Required Pulmonary Rehabilitation Measures: Improvement in Dyspnea, Improvement in Functional Capacity, & Improvement in Quality of Life
Click here for resources.
All application fees are submitted during the application process.
Joining an AACVPR Registry Will Help With Your Application
Programs subscribed to the AACVPR Outpatient Data Registries can now use their registry data to complete the program’s clinical outcomes assessment. A direct link within the application will populate your registry data for easy transfer into the application fields.