AACVPR is a leading advocate for the practice of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, and has a long history of challenging legislation and regulation that negatively impacts the care of patients. Our advocacy efforts are varied to ensure that the interests of our members are made known to a wide array of decision makers.
Day on the Hill
AACVPR’s Day on the Hill (DOTH) brings members together in Washington, D.C. to meet with elected officials. Day on the Hill gives AACVPR members an opportunity to meet with their legislators and legislative staffs as constituents, as voters and healthcare professionals to advocate for their profession.
The AACVPR 2020 Take Action campaign lobbying tool and DOTH reception were generously sponsored by:
Regulatory, Legislative & Reimbursement Resources
AACVPR and our Affiliates are pursuing multiple strategies, both nationally and regionally, to enhance third-party payment for cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation and prevention services. Reimbursement Updates are sent via email to members once per month.
- AACVPR members receive regular monthly Reimbursement Updates via email to stay up to date on all of the most recent information.*
- AACVPR Central offers a space for Health & Public Policy discussion, allowing members to share information, ask questions and access resources to address their reimbursement challenges.*
- The Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC) Directory is available to AACVPR members to access contact information for the contractors in their jurisdiction.*
- The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Toolkit is a comprehensive resource to help pulmonary rehabilitation professionals address payment reduction and calculate appropriate payments.
- Regulatory & Legislative Information*
*This content is accessible to AACVPR members only. Learn more about AACVPR membership and how to access these benefits.